Pengorama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Next Halo Game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark
Pengorama Fan
Pengorama Fan
Mark

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-14

The Next Halo Game Empty
PostSubject: The Next Halo Game   The Next Halo Game Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:20 pm

If some of you have not heard already the next Halo game will be coming out this upcoming Spring (hopefully). Unlike the previous Halo games this will not be a FPS, it will be an RTS instead. It will take place 21 years before the events of Halo: Combat Evolved during the UNSC's first encounters with the Covenant. Some of the campaign will take place on the planet where the UNSC first made contact with the Covenant: Harvest. Not much of the story line has been released but I am sure it will live up to the reputation of the Halo trilogy.

The fact that Master Chief will not be in this game is made up by the option to have multiple SPARTAN II's. Whether the other 31 Spartans will be available (personality and all) is unknown. Several new units were added to the game as well for the UNSC (I am not sure about the Covenant) in order to make them a bigger and better fighting force. The Covenant are actually weaker than the UNSC which makes no sense to me but whatever.

The game looks amazing and I will be one of the first in line to buy it.

What do you think of it?

EDIT: O yea this will be released on the Xbox 360 NOT the PC.

LINKS:

E3 2008 Trailer
E3 2007 Trailer
G4 TV Halo Wars hands on exclusive
Back to top Go down
http://www.dragonplay.forumwise.com
Goobenheimer
Administrator
Administrator
Goobenheimer

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-07-01

The Next Halo Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Halo Game   The Next Halo Game Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:05 am

I thought they were done with Halo. Well it looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Libbeh
Libbeh

Number of posts : 214
Infractions : 154
Registration date : 2008-07-02

The Next Halo Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Halo Game   The Next Halo Game Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:05 am

This one isn't made by Microsoft, whoever's making it just wants a slice of the pie. :D
Back to top Go down
Mark
Pengorama Fan
Pengorama Fan
Mark

The Next Halo Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Halo Game   The Next Halo Game Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 11:16 am

Actually Microsoft owns the rights to Halo not Bungie Studios (the makers of the Halo FPS). If Microsoft wanted to make a Halo game with care-bears in it they can. And Microsoft just publishes the games they do not actually make them. I think Bungie owns the rights to Master Chief though which is probably why he is not going to appear in the game. There is also game which is being developed by Peter Jackson called Halo Chronicles. I do not know much about this game except for the fact it will be composed of cinematic game play where the player will be able to make decisions. I think that is right but I don't know. They have been keeping it on the DL.

But Halo is actually far from over.
Back to top Go down
Rj Slippy
Super Hero Penguin
Super Hero Penguin
Rj Slippy

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-07-23

The Next Halo Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Halo Game   The Next Halo Game Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:11 pm

Libbeh wrote:
This one isn't made by Microsoft, whoever's making it just wants a slice of the pie. :D

i heard Ensemble was doing it, and itsprobobly gonnabe cools
Back to top Go down
cdjcl
Rockhopper's Buddy
Rockhopper's Buddy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-07-21

The Next Halo Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Halo Game   The Next Halo Game Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:11 am

there's rumors of halo the movie
Back to top Go down
Mark
Pengorama Fan
Pengorama Fan
Mark

The Next Halo Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Halo Game   The Next Halo Game Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:22 am

cdjcl wrote:
there's rumors of halo the movie

Unfortunately there have been money issues between Microsoft and the different studios. Bungie has said that the movie is off until further notice.

I know it's a real bummer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Next Halo Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Halo Game   The Next Halo Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Next Halo Game
Page 1 of 1